How to Feel Happier and Confident in Your Body
Do you ever look at yourself in the mirror or in a picture and have a self hating moment?
Recently I had one of those moments. I saw photos of me and I RIPPED MYSELF APART ?
Negative, irrational thoughts that so many of us can relate to.
“Omg I look terrible”
“I hate my shoulders”
“My waist is to big”
“I don’t like my smile”
I even messaged the photographer who took my photos with this message:
“Ridiculously I’ve just had a massive moment of hating myself!! AARRGGGGHHHHH”
The photos I hated the most were not ones where I was snapped belly laughing with my stretched skin showing. It was the photos where I’m actually standing tall with good posture and no stretched skin showing.
Stop Being So Hard On Yourself
Thankfully, the next day I did what I would advise anyone to do and I stopped being hard on myself.
The truth is, we are all amazing and so is our body.
My body, including my stretched skin reflects that I’m a Mother. I created my amazing Danny and I am so grateful that my body could do that.
I couldn’t be more proud to be Danny’s Mamma and I should be proud of my body too. ?
We all should!
Work On Improving Your Body Confidence
There is a big movement about body positivity and having good body image at the moment. I am truly grateful for as it has helped me feel better about myself, and I know it is helping so many others.
I wanted to share with you today some advice that will get you through any ‘self hating’ moments. If you feel like you’re struggling with your self esteem and body confidence, just remember:
- Success isn’t a dress size or a number on the scales. You are more than that!
- People will always remember you for how you made them feel.
- Don’t compare yourself to others (especially on social media where you will mainly be seeing peoples filtered show reel).
- YOU ARE ENOUGH – Right here, right now!
- Practice body neutrality. Remove the pressure of total ‘Self Love’ to a place where you respect your body. We may not fully be able to say “I love me and everything about me”, however we can still accept who we are and respect ourselves more.
- Appreciate your body and be grateful for all it’s done for you. Remind yourself what you are grateful for.
- Don’t let anyone make you feel like you’re not enough.
For me, I do now accept how I look (most of the time).
My real life, unfiltered photos would never have been shared on my social media by me a few years back as I would have felt way too embarrassed to show my real self, and I would have worried that others were judging me.
People Will Judge You Anyway
Unfortunately there will always be people that judge, however these are the type of people I don’t care about, because if they were truly happy they wouldn’t spend time judging others. ?
Don’t worry about what other people do, think or say. We will all be judged anyway, so we may as well be happy whilst focusing on our own lives (Those who judge have their own issues).
None of us are immune to these feelings. Often we are too hard on ourselves and always looking for sticks to beat ourselves with.
We are all very different and are all human beings trying our best.
Life is too short to look back and acknowledge how much time we spent self hating.
Stop judging yourself and your life.